Pyrolon® CRFR - Chemical Protection and Flame Resistance in one Disposable Protective Garment
Pyrolon® CRFR features Lakeland's Pyrolon® viscose-based flame retardent base nonwoven combined with a PVC FR chemical barrier film.
The result is a unique FR material that not only offers protection against chemical splashes and sprays to CE Types 3 & 4 but is also certified to the FR EN 14116 (Index 1) standard for clothing for protection against flames and heat. The combination of chemical protection and FR properties makes Pyrolon CRFR ideal for a range of applications in the petrochemical and related industries.
Disposable FR garments such as Pyrolon® are designed to be worn over Thermal Protective Garments without compromising thermal protection where standard disposable coveralls, which are generally based on thermoplastics and will ignite and burn, thus compromising thermal protection, cannot be worn.
Pyrolon® is engineered to char at a temperature lower than it's ignition point, so it will not ignite, propagate a flame or drip molten, burning debris.
Pyrolon® CRFR Brand Features
- Pyrolon base fabric with PVC FR chemical barrier film laminate for combined FR and chemical protection properties
- Stitched / taped seams for full seal
- Double zip / storm flap front fastening
- Brand Details
- Test Data
- Seam Types: Stitched and taped seam
- Materials: Proprietary mix of viscose rayon and FR treated PVC barrier film. 144 gsm
- Garment Configurations: Coverall with 3 piece hood, inset sleeves, 2 piece diamond crotch gusset, elasticated hood, waist, cuffs and ankles.Also available in orange for hi-visibility and identification on site and in variuos accessories such as overboots.
- Colours: Grey, orange
- Packaging: Individually vacuum packed
- Flammable Liquids
- Chemical Flash Fire
- Chemical Handling
- Petrochemical and Refining applications
- Oil-spill clean-ups
- EN 14605 (Type 3 & 4)
- EN 1149-5 (Anti-static)
- EN 14116 (Flame retardency - Index 1)
Pyrolon® garments are engineered using a unique viscose based fibre that will not ignite or melt under normal conditions when in contact with flames. Certified to the EN 14116 FR standard they will not protect against heat and flames when worn without other FR protection* but are designed to be worn as secondary FR protection to provide chemical protection (through CE Types 3 to 6) over an EN 11612 FR protective suit without compromising thermal protection (which would be the case with standard polymer-based disposable garments). In fact test indicate wearing a Pyrolon® garment over a thermal protective garment may increase the total thermal protection whilst also providing the chemical protection needed. *Note: the exception is Pyrolon TPCR which also offers thermal protection to EN 11612.