ChemMax® 4 Plus - Superior, Advanced Chemical Protection. Supported by PermaSURE®
ChemMax 4 Plus uses a combination of multiple polymer films laminated to spunbonded PP substrate to create a high barrier against a wide range of hazardous chemicals.
Tough and durable, ChemMax 4 Plus can be used multiple times if undamaged and un-contaminated . The high-tech European-manufactured extrusion fabric construction results in a smoother, softer, more flexible and more consistent finish than bonded or glued competitors and with none of the ‘pinching’ or crushed bond points seen in competitor fabrics.
ChemMax 4 Plus is tested against against a full range of chemical warfare agents for anti-terror and civil defence operations.
Combined with a double-zip and storm flap front fastening design, cushioned double-layer knee pads and Lakeland's Super-B style coverall for superior fit, wearability and durability, this makes ChemMax 4 Plus the pinnacle for Type 3 & 4 high hazard chemical protection.
Note that ChemMax 4 Plus is available as standard in yellow, with green and khaki available on request - minimum order quantities may apply.
Download Lakeland’s Guide to the Selection of Chemical Protective Clothing to assist in improved selection of the best suit for the job and for permeation and physical properties comparisons.
Powered by Permasure®
Use with Permasure® for easy and instant access to real-world Safe-Use times and hazard data for over 4000 chemicals.
Advantages of PermaSURE®
- Free, mobile-friendly online tool
- Models permeation rates and provides safe-use times by incorporating environmental, temperature and chemical exposure factors.
- State-of-the-art technology developed initially by leading Polymer chemists for defense forces to quickly determine which suits are needed for various chemical warfare agents and dual use chemicals.
- Based on the known molecular characteristics and behavior of 4000+ chemicals interacting with ChemMax® 4 Plus.
ChemMax® 4 Plus Brand Features
- High barrier fabric for high hazards and more challenging chemicals
- Double zip / storm flap for secure protection to front fastening
- Tunnelised elastic to hood, cuffs and ankles
- Double layer cushioned knee-pads for enhanced comfort and safety in tricky environments
ChemMax® 4 Plus Documents
- Brand Details
- Test Data
- Seam Types: Stitched and taped
- Material: Multi-layer barrier polymers
- Garment Configurations: Coverall with 3 piece hood, inset sleeves, 2 piece diamond crotch gusset, elasticated hood, waist, cuffs and ankles
- Colours: Yellow. Green and Khaki to order (with MOQ's)
- Packaging: Individually vacuum packed
- Testing: Permeation tested against a range of chemicals
- Chemical Handling
- Petrochemical and Refining applications
- Higher hazard chemical protection
- Contaminated land clearing
- Chemical clean-ups and spill management
- EN 14605 (Type 3 & 4)
- EN 13982 (Type 5)
- EN 13034 (Type 6)
- EN 1149-5 (Anti-static)
- EN 14126 (Bio hazard / infectious agents)
ChemMax® garments are flammable and should not be used around heat, flames or sparks. As they are certified to the anti-static standard EN 1149-5, they may be suitable for use in some explosive atmospheres, though be aware that anti-static treatments may wear off during use. For applications where chemical protection is worn over FR protective clothing, in applications with risk of contact with flames or heat or in high risk explosive atmospheres, consider using Pyrolon® garments rather than ChemMax®. Selection of the appropriate garment for an application is the final responsibility of the user and should be based on a comprehensive risk assessment conducted by a suitably qualified safety professional. Refer to the Lakeland "Guide to Chemical Suit Selection" for guidance.