Advanced Chemical Protection for Industry, Emergency Response and Law Enforcement. ChemMAX® 3 is soft, flexible and tough with an extensive chemical barrier - use with Permasure® to instantly calculate Safe-Use Times
ChemMAX® is Lakeland comprehensive range of coveralls for Type 3 & 4 protection against hazardous chemicals.
ChemMAX® 3 features a UK-manufactured multi-layer barrier construction to provide protection against a wide range of hazardous chemicals. Co-extruded fabric technology means a smooth and flexible fabric that is free from the crushing and pitting suffered by adhesive or heat laminated barrier fabrics – so thickness, permeation and protection is uniform throughout the fabric surface.
Download Lakeland’s Guide to the Selection of Chemical Protective Clothing to assist in improved selection of the best suit for the job and for permeation and physical properties comparisons.
Supported by PermaSURE® :
- Free, mobile-friendly online tool
- Models permeation rates and provides safe-use times by incorporating environmental, temperature and chemical exposure factors.
- State-of-the-art technology developed initially by leading Polymer chemists for defense forces to quickly determine which suits are needed for various chemical warfare agents and dual use chemicals.
- Based on the known molecular characteristics and behavior of 4000+ chemicals interacting with ChemMax® 3.
ChemMax® 3 Brand Features
- Multi-layer barrier film with smooth, flexible and even finish.
- Permeation tested against a wide range of high hazard chemicals
- Double zip / storm flap for secure protection to front fastening
- Double layer cushioned knee-pads for comfort and security
- All Lakeland chemical suits are available in a variety of styles including coveralls with attached socks, overboots and various partial body accessories
ChemMax® 3 Documents
- Brand Details
- Test Data
- Seam Type: Stitched and taped
- Materials: Multi-layer composite film including a high barrier film. 150 gsm.
- Garment Configurations: All ChemMax coveralls are available as coveralls with elasticated hood, cuffs and ankles, with or without attached feet and various Partial Body accessories including jackets, pants, lab coats and overboots with anti-slip soles.
- Colours: Grey, Orange
- Packaging: Individually vacuum packed
- Testing: Permeation tested against a wide range of chemicals
- Chemical Handling
- Petrochemical and Refining applications
- Oil-spill clean-ups
- Higher hazard chemical protection
- Contaminated land clearing
- EN 14605 (Type 3 & 4)
- EN 13982 (Type 5)
- EN 13034 (Type 6)
- EN 1149-5 (Anti-static)
- EN 14126 (Bio hazard / infectious agents)
- EN 1073 (radiation contaminated dusts)
ChemMax® garments are flammable and should not be used around heat, flames or sparks. As they are certified to the anti-static standard EN 1149-5, they may be suitable for use in some explosive atmospheres, though be aware that anti-static treatments may wear off during use. For applications where chemical protection is worn over FR protective clothing, in applications with risk of contact with flames or heat or in high risk explosive atmospheres, consider using Pyrolon® garments rather than ChemMax®. Selection of the appropriate garment for an application is the final responsibility of the user and should be based on a comprehensive risk assessment conducted by a suitably qualified safety professional. Refer to the Lakeland "Guide to Chemical Suit Selection" for guidance.