ChemMax® 3 - Advanced Chemical Protection for Industry, Emergency Response and Law Enforcement.
ChemMAX® is Lakeland comprehensive range of coveralls for Type 3 & 4 protection against hazardous chemicals. ChemMAX® 3 a UK manufactured multi-layer barrier film to provide protection against a wide range of hazardous chemicals. In addition co-extrusion technology means a smooth and flexible fabric that does not suffer from the crushing and pitting suffered by adhesive of heat laminated barrier fabrics – so thickness and permeation is uniform throughout the fabric surface.
Supported by PermaSURE® :
- Free, mobile-friendly online tool
- Models permeation rates and provides safe-use times by incorporating environmental, temperature and chemical exposure factors.
- State-of-the-art technology developed initially by leading Polymer chemists for defense forces to quickly determine which suits are needed for various chemical warfare agents and dual use chemicals.
- Based on the known molecular characteristics and behavior of 4000+ chemicals interacting with ChemMax® 3.
ChemMax® 3 Brand Features
- Multi-layer barrier film with smooth, flexible and even finish.
- Permeation tested against a wide range of high hazard chemicals
- Double zip / storm flap for secure protection to front fastening
- Double layer cushioned knee-pads for comfort and security
- All chemical suits are available in a special “plus” design featuring attached boots with over-flaps and double elasticated cuffs
- Ring Pull incorporated zips for ease of use while wearing gloves
- Brand Details
- Test Data
- Seam Type: Stitched and taped
- Materials: Multi-layer composite film including a high barrier film. 150 gsm.
- Garment Configurations: Coverall with 3 piece hood, inset sleeves, 2 piece diamond crotch gusset, elasticated hood, waist, cuffs and ankles – with double layer cushioned knee-pads
- Colours: Grey, Orange
- Packaging: Individually vacuum packed
- Testing: Permeation tested against a wide range of chemicals
- Chemical Handling
- Petrochemical and Refining applications
- Oil-spill clean-ups
- Higher hazard chemical protection
- Contaminated land clearing
- EN 14605 (Type 3 & 4)
- EN 13982 (Type 5)
- EN 13034 (Type 6)
- EN 1149-5 (Anti-static)
- EN 14126 (Bio hazard / infectious agents)
- EN 1073 (radiation contaminated dusts)
ChemMax® 3 is not flame resistant and should not be used around heat, flame sparks, or in potentially flammable or explosive environments. Garments made of ChemMax® 3 should have slip resistant or anti-slip materials on the outer surface of boots, shoe covers or other garment surfaces in conditions where slipping could occur.