Lightweight and breathable Type 5 & 6 protection with FR properties to EN 14116... unlike standard disposables fabric will not ignite and burn in contact with flames
Pyrolon® is Lakeland's range of limited life coveralls featuring a unique combination of effective flame retardent properties and chemical protection through Type 3 to 6.
Pyrolon® Plus 2 is the entry level suit featuring the essential Pyrolon® fabric – a unique viscose based material designed to char at a lower temperature than it's ignition point. Thus, unlike standard disposables based on polymers, the fabric does not ignite, propagate a flame or drip molten, burning debris.
Pyrolon® Plus 2 offers Type 5 and 6 chemical and dust protection combined with superior FR properties according to EN 14116-Index 1. Disposable FR garments do not provide flame and heat protection but are designed to be worn over Thermal Protective Garments (such as Lakeland’s Fyrban® range) as secondary FR protection but without compromising thermal protection.
Pyrolon® has far more effective FR properties than FR SMS garments which have extremely limited and questionable FR abilities. See the FR disposables video for the proof!
Features Lakeland's unique Super-B style with three-piece hood, inset sleeves and diamond crotch gusset resulting in an ergonomically-styled garment with better fit, excellent freedom of movement and superior durability.
Pyrolon® Plus 2 Brand Features
- Pyrolon superior FR fabric; lightweight, breathable, soft and flexible.
- More effective FR properties than FR SMS garments which have extremely limited and questionable FR abilities
- Viscose based fabric specifically engineered for its FR properties
- Highly breathable, so comfortable to wear
- Ce Type 56 Sel Guide De
- Ce Type 56 Sel Guide Es
- Ce Type 56 Sel Guide Fr
- Ce Type 56 Sel Guide Gb
- Ce Type 56 Sel Guide Nl
- Ce Type 56 Sel Guide Pl
- Ce Size Diagram 2018
- Ce Pyrolon Plus 2 Pds De 1
- Ce Pyrolon Plus 2 Pds En
- Ce Pyrolon Plus 2 Pds Es
- Ce Pyrolon Plus 2 Pds Fr
- Ce Pyrolon Plus 2 Pds Nl
- Ce Pyrolon Plus 2 Pds Pl
- Brand Details
- Chemical Data
- Seam Types: Serged
- Materials: Mix of viscose, rayon and FR chemistry. 75 gsm
- Garment Configurations: Coverall with 3 piece hood, inset sleeves, 2 piece diamond crotch gusset, elasticated hood, waist, cuffs and ankles
- Colours: White
- Packaging: Individually vacuum packed
- Pyrolon garments are designed to be worn OVER Thermal protective garments without compromising thermal protection and feature far superior FR properties compared with FR SMS
- Petrochemical and Refining applications
- Maintenance applications
- Fuel handling and distribution
- EN 13982 (Type 5)
- EN 13034 (Type 6)
- EN 1149-5 (Anti-static)
- EN 1073 (radiation contaminated dusts)
- EN 14116 (Flame retardency - Index 1)
Pyrolon® garments are engineered using a unique viscose based fibre that will not ignite or melt under normal conditions when in contact with flames. Certified to the EN 14116 FR standard they will not protect against heat and flames when worn without other FR protection* but are designed to be worn as secondary FR protection to provide chemical protection (through CE Types 3 to 6) over an EN 11612 FR protective suit without compromising thermal protection (which would be the case with standard polymer-based disposable garments). In fact test indicate wearing a Pyrolon® garment over a thermal protective garment may increase the total thermal protection whilst also providing the chemical protection needed. *Note: the exception is Pyrolon TPCR which also offers thermal protection to EN 11612.