ChemMax® 4 Plus - Superior, Advanced Chemical Protection. Now Supported by PermaSURE®
ChemMax 4 uses a combination of multiple polymer films laminated to spunbonded PP substrate to create a high barrier against a wide range of hazardous chemicals.
Tough and durable, ChemMax 4 can be used multiple times if undamaged and un-contaminated . The high-tech European-manufactured extrusion fabric construction results in a smoother, softer, more flexible and more consistent finish than bonded or glued competitors and with none of the ‘pinching’ or crushed bond points seen in competitor fabrics.
ChemMax 4 is tested against against a full range of chemical warfare agents for anti-terror and civil defence operations.
Combined with a double-zip and storm flap front fastening design, cushioned double-layer knee pads and Lakeland's Super-B style coverall for superior fit, wearability and durability, this makes ChemMax 4 the pinnacle for Type 3 & 4 high hazard chemical protection.
Download Lakeland’s Guide to the Selection of Chemical Protective Clothing to assist in improved selection of the best suit for the job and for permeation and physical properties comparisons.
Powered by Permasure®
Use with Permasure® for easy and instant access to real-world Safe-Use times and hazard data for over 4000 chemicals.
Advantages of PermaSURE®
- Free, mobile-friendly online tool
- Models permeation rates and provides safe-use times by incorporating environmental, temperature and chemical exposure factors.
- State-of-the-art technology developed initially by leading Polymer chemists for defense forces to quickly determine which suits are needed for various chemical warfare agents and dual use chemicals.
- Based on the known molecular characteristics and behavior of 4000+ chemicals interacting with ChemMax® 4 Plus.
ChemMax® 4 Plus Brand Features
- High barrier fabric for difficult chemical
- Double zip / storm flap for secure protection to front fastening
- All chemical suits are available in a special “plus” design featuring attached boots with over-flaps and double elasticated cuffs
- Tunnelised elastic to hood, cuffs and ankles
- Ce Chem Select Guide 2018 In
- Chemical Permeation Database Gb V2 Aug 2018
- Ce Size Diagram 2018
- Ce Chem Max 4 Plus Pds In
- Ce Perma Sure Pds In
- Ce Push Lock Glove Pds In
- Brand Details
- Chemical Data
- Seam Types: Stitched and taped
- Garment Configurations: Coverall with 3 piece hood, inset sleeves, 2 piece diamond crotch gusset, elasticated hood, waist, cuffs and ankles
- Colours: Olive Green, tan, & orange
- Packaging: Individually vacuum packed
- Testing: Permeation tested against a range of chemicals
- Chemical Handling
- Petrochemical and Refining applications
- Higher hazard chemical protection
- Contaminated land clearing
- Chemical clean-ups and spill management
- EN 14605 (Type 3 & 4)
- EN 13982 (Type 5)
- EN 13034 (Type 6)
- EN 1149-5 (Anti-static)
- EN 14126 (Bio hazard / infectious agents)
- EN 1073 (radiation contaminated dusts)
ChemMax® garments are flammable and should not be used around heat, flames or sparks. As they are certified to the anti-static standard EN 1149-5, they may be suitable for use in some explosive atmospheres, though be aware that anti-static treatments may wear off during use. For applications where chemical protection is worn over FR protective clothing, in applications with risk of contact with flames or heat or in high risk explosive atmospheres, consider using Pyrolon® garments rather than ChemMax®. Selection of the appropriate garment for an application is the final responsibility of the user and should be based on a comprehensive risk assessment conducted by a suitably qualified safety professional. Refer to the Lakeland "Guide to Chemical Suit Selection" for guidance.