Pyrolon® XT - The Toughest Protection for your Thermally Protective and ARC Rated Clothing
Pyrolon® XT features Lakeland’s unique viscose-based Pyrolon® base fabric with an added nylon scrim to increase strength and durability for tougher Type 5 & 6 applications where FR properties are also required.
Disposable FR garments are designed to be worn over Thermal Protective Garments (such as Lakeland’s Fyrban® range) without compromising thermal protection in the way standard disposables will. Pyrolon® is engineered to char at temperatures lower than it's ignition point so that it will not ignite, propogate a flame or drip molten, burning debris.
Pyrolon has far more effective FR properties than FR SMS garments which have extremely limited and questionable FR abilities.
Pyrolon® XT Brand Features
- Pyrolon base fabric with higher strength for tough tasks - 70% Stronger than Pyrolon® Plus 2
- Soft and flexible fabric
- Highly breathable so comfortable to wear
- Combined superior FR properties and liquid / dust protective properties
- Lakeland “Super-B” style pattern – ergonomically styled and sized for generous fit and superior freedom of movement
- Brand Details
- Test Data
- Seam Types: Serged
- Materials: Mix of viscose, rayon and FR treatment. 101 gsm
- Garment Configurations: Coverall with elasticated hood, cuffs, waist and ankles / Lab Coat / Overshoes / boots with non-slip sole
- Colours: Pale blue
- Packaging: Individually vacuum packed
- Pyrolon garments are designed to be worn OVER Thermal protective garments without compromising thermal protection and feature far superior FR properties compared with FR SMS. See Lakeland’s guide to FR disposables for more information.
- Dirt, Oil and Grease
- Hazardous Dry Particulates
- Welding, Cutting and Grinding
- Dry Particle - Aerosols
- Flammable Environments (Aerosol)
- Electric and Gas Utilities
- EN 13034 (Type 6)
- EN 1149-5 (Anti-static)
- EN 1073 (radiation contaminated dusts)
- EN 14116 (Flame retardency - Index 1)